Sunday 25 April 2010

Excitement or Terror?

So it's Day 10 of my cycle tomorrow, which means only one thing..
....TIME TO START PISSING ON OVULATION STICKS!!!.....

Round 2 of the IVF is imminent...woooo hoooo or is it....shit, OMG....waaahhhhh?



I feel like I have a split personality, one minute I am so excited I feel like I am having palpatations, the next minute I am so scared I can hardly breathe...

All I know is that before I know it I will be back on the HRT and back, to & fro from the clinic, having blood drawn, being probed by wandy, mixing my FSH, having bubble trouble, injecting myself in the leg, nervously counting follicles and waiting for the big EC (egg collection).

Half of me is ready, the other half is screaming "No....I'm not ready..Wait a minute, what on earth is going on?"

PMA, PMA, PMA....I must have a positive mental attitude....I can't even bring myself to think about a negative result, I'm not sure how I would deal with it, just thinking about it briefly is enough to make me shudder...

This has got to work....it just has to...

I've done the sums...my OTD will be around the day of my 41st birthday, what an amazing birthday present a BFP would be...

Yes please, a BFP for me :)

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck and the strenght to get through it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope that this is your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use the Ovulation Prediction Kits that have the smiley face when you're ovulating? Those are the ones I use... although to be honest, whenever I see that smiling face, I can't help but feel it's a little patronizing. Well, either that or they know what I'm about to do with my husband. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use the smiley face ones, no!
    I use the ones given to me by the clinic, think they are called instant alert or something...they do the trick though :)

    ReplyDelete