Saturday 8 May 2010

1 more sleep to go!!

And the pill popping starts again...

I'm due to start the cyclo-progynova @ 8am on Monday morning. I'm excited to be getting going again but I remember feeling a bit dodgy on them last time.

Main problem being that having ovulated last Monday my body is gearing itself up for a period.

I can feel the premenstrual rage rearing it's ugly head! Unfortunately there will be no release this month as I won't be having a bleed until I've stopped taking the little brown pills & have started taking the little white pills....

After chatting to quite a few ladies who have done IVF, not many of them seem to have taken cyclo-progynova ( HRT!). but I think some have taken birth control pills.

I am doing the short protocol again. From what I gather the HRT ( which is taken differently in IVF than when its used as HRT) surpresses my hormones & prevents my period. I basically take the brown pills morning & night for ten days, then take the white pills morning & night for 10 days, I then have a bleed.

3 days after finishing the little brown & white pills I have some blood tested.

A couple of days later I am tested again. What they are waiting / looking for is to see my own hormone levels to start kicking back in. When they do I start with my injections, suprecur & menopur. Apparently the FSH piggybacks on my own hormones...ah, it's all very clever stuff!

Last time I did injections for a week @ then had my egg collection. I wonder if I'll respond in the same way.

Must admit, I'm hoping for a few more eggs this time.

So fingers crossed for me...

This is finally it!

No comments:

Post a Comment