Monday 8 March 2010

You're too old for IUI....

I'd heard IVF described as an emotional rollercoaster, but I hadn't thought the rollercoaster journey would start quite so soon...

What do you mean my chances of IUI working are slim?
Bloody hell, Id only just got my head around doing this on my own, let alone getting my head around IVF...

Not only was IVF gonna cost alot more money...it seemed alot less natural than IUI and I worried about all the fertilty drugs. I am a Homeopath by trade and I was taught to try and disuade people away from IVF. This was going to challenge all my previously conceived ideas & beliefs...

Where was I gonna find the money from? Why, oh why did I leave it this long? Idiot.

I was angry at myself, my body and all the men that I had wasted time on.

I felt like a failure.

I had seen a friend of mine go through IVF, her partner had problems with his little fellas, they were abnormally shaped and swimming the wrong way....At the time I'm afraid to say that I judged them a little. I wasn't sure I believed in IVF, weren't we meddling in Nature's work?

It just shows you should never judge unless you are walking in someone else's shoes, I never thought I would even consider IVF....But here I am, considering IVF.....The goal posts have changed and my beliefs are going to have to change with them.

If I wanted a child I was gonna have to get my head round IVF....

No comments:

Post a Comment